At its “Stream On” event now, Spotify showed off a important overhaul that’s rolling out for its iOS and Android applications. Two of the most significant elements involve online video and audio previews for audio, podcasts, and audiobooks in the Home feed and new video clip feeds for discovery in Research.
The organization calls the major UI overhaul “a new, dynamic mobile interface crafted for deeper discovery and much more meaningful connections involving artists and fans” and that it’s “our major evolution however.”
Spotify claims that “the future technology of listeners craves better methods to sample audio right before fully diving in” and which is why it’s going to the “more active experience” with a “completely new and interactive style and design.”
Here’s how Spotify describes the new mobile Residence feed and Search expertise:
- Songs, Podcasts & Reveals, and Audiobook previews on Dwelling: Simply faucet into the Songs, Podcasts & Demonstrates, or Audiobooks feed to explore visual and audio previews of playlists, albums, podcast episodes, and audiobooks personalized to you. Then, tap to conserve or share, go deeper into the artist or podcast pages, engage in from the begin, or continue on listening from exactly where the preview finished.
- New feeds for discovery in Research: Scroll up or down to check out limited Canvas clips from tracks from some of your preferred genres. Then easily preserve the track to a playlist, stick to the artist, or share it with friends—all from a single area. You can also examine relevant genres using the hashtags within the feed for uncomplicated discovery of new favorites. You can even preview tracks on some of your beloved playlists like Explore Weekly, Release Radar, New Music Friday, and RapCaviar.
Soon after previewing content with the new structure, you can:
- Conserve, obtain, or share with just just one tap: Simply tap the In addition (+) icon to preserve your recommendations to Your Episodes or Your Library. Then, download or queue by tapping the a few dots at the bottom of the preview.
- Participate in from the get started: Push Engage in to pay attention to a monitor, album, playlist, or episode from the commence. For podcasts, faucet “continue listening” to perform the rest of the preview from wherever it started.
- Dive even deeper: Tapping a advice will just take you to the playlist, album, or one to explore even a lot more linked audio.
As normal, Spotify hasn’t shared a hard launch date for the UI overhaul but says it is “beginning to roll out to Quality and No cost consumers globally across iOS and Android.” On the other hand, it also shared the rollout will occur throughout the “coming weeks and months.”
What do you assume about the new layout? Share your thoughts in the feedback!