- Exactly where: Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis)
- WHEN: 8:15 p.m. ET | ESPN, ESPN Deportes, NFL+
The extended holiday getaway weekend concludes with the Indianapolis Colts hosting the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday night at Lucas Oil Stadium.
The Steelers (3-7) and Colts (4-6-1) have experienced a rollercoaster variety of period with ups and downs, but primarily downs for both equally teams. Pittsburgh enters Monday’s sport in fourth position in the AFC North, although Indianapolis stands in 2nd position in the AFC South.
Pittsburgh’s offense has not been reliable on a week-to-week basis. Regardless of scoring a time-substantial 30 points in Week 11 in opposition to the Bengals, Mike Tomlin’s squad ranks 27th in total offense and 28th in scoring. Rookie quarterback Kenny Pickett is the only 1st-12 months participant from the 2022 draft class to be a dependable starter, but the rookie QB has still to toss two touchdowns in a match inspite of getting 6 occupation begins.
Indianapolis will be participating in its to start with primary-time game given that firing Frank Reich and interim head mentor Jeff Saturday joining the sidelines. Saturday has absent 1-1 in his initial two video games. With Matt Ryan getting back again the commencing task in Indy, the staff is outdoors of the AFC playoff bubble. The other workforce behind the Colts … the Steelers. Which workforce will prevail and move up in the AFC standings?
In this article are four items to view for when the Steelers go to the Colts on Monday night time:
- Will the Steelers’ offense involve more pass catchers? It was a busy offseason for Pittsburgh as the group selected a new signal-caller to get about for Ben Roethlisberger. But yet another headline was the Steelers re-signing Diontae Johnson to a two-yr, $36.71 million extension. Following possessing a 2021 breakout marketing campaign with 107 receptions for 1,161 getting yards and 8 obtaining touchdowns, Johnson hasn’t replicated his Professional Bowl 12 months. In 10 online games this year, Johnson has 51 receptions with 456 yards and zero TDs. On the other hand, Pickett has had a strong connection with fellow rookie huge receiver George Pickens. With Pittsburgh buying and selling Chase Claypool, Pickens has loaded in the No. 2 purpose properly totaling 453 receiving yards on 33 catches with two TDs. Which broad receiver could split out on Monday?
- Can Jonathan Taylor keep on his the latest achievement? The Colts functioning back again has done like his All-Professional self not too long ago underneath Saturday. In six games below Reich, Taylor averaged 17.8 carries a sport for 77 yards. With Saturday on the sidelines, all those quantities have improved to 22 carries and 115.5 yards for every game. Indy’s RB is scoring a hurrying TD and 80-as well as yards in the very last two games, anything he has not finished due to the fact 7 days 1, for each NFL Research. Despite only obtaining a few rush TDs (18 in the 2021 time), the Colts’ offense is viewing their younger gifted large receivers add. Michael Pittman, Parris Campbell and Alec Pierce have been vivid places and have shown flashes when balanced all period. This yr, Indy’s trio mixed for a full of 139 catches, 1,542 yards and five TDs.
- How will T.J. Watt glimpse in his 3rd game again from damage? With the edge defender lacking seven game titles thanks to an injured pectoral muscle mass, Pittsburgh’s defense has been inconsistent. The Steelers’ protection ranks 28th in total defense and is at the base versus the move. Nevertheless, Pittsburgh is seventh in hurrying protection, which favors the team’s defensive line versus Taylor. Indy’s offensive line has not been what it utilised to be the last few of seasons, so obtaining to Ryan in the pocket is achievable for the Watt-led defense. In addition, acquiring Minkah Fitzpatrick back for his 2nd sport soon after acquiring his appendix removed in 7 days 10 will only fortify Pittsburgh’s defense. 3rd-calendar year professional Alex Highsmith is having a stellar year, contributing nine sacks, while offseason addition Myles Jack sales opportunities the workforce with 48 tackles in his 1st season with Pittsburgh. Can this be the breakthrough 7 days for Watt, or will we see more of the very same for the Steelers defense?
- Could the Colts’ defense get to Pickett? Indy possesses a dynamic duo in the entrance line with DeForest Buckner and Yannick Ngakoue, who will look to disrupt Pickett early and normally to limit his playmaking skills. The two defensive linemen are significant change makers in finding to the QB with Ngakoue primary the workforce with 6.5 sacks to Buckner’s 5.5 sacks. Previous year, Indy’s defense experienced a complete of 19 interceptions, and heading into the 12th activity of the time there have been four. Stephon Gilmore recorded just one INT back again in 7 days 5, although 2021 Pro Bowler Kenny Moore II has zero heading into Monday’s recreation. A person brilliant place for Indy’s protection is Ngakoue’s perform, as the pass rusher wants 1.5 sacks (which could materialize versus Pickett) to give him at least eight sacks in each individual of his initially seven seasons in the NFL. The initially-yr Colt would be the seventh participant in NFL history to achieve that feat, joining Aaron Donald (2014-2020). Can Ngakoue get to the Steelers rookie QB to hold their playoff hopes alive?