Top Sports Events in Houston: October 10-16, 2022
Snag a seat to these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, October 10 to Sunday, October 16, 2022.
This week, cheer on the Astros and Dash as they embark on playoff runs, help raise funds for good causes, and more.
Want to dig deeper on sports happening around H-Town? Find more games and live sports happening all month long in the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 6 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- 7th Annual Golf Fore Autism at Sweetwater Country Club | Monday, October 10 – Start off your week right and hit the green for a good cause at the Seventh Annual Golf Fore Autism charity event. Throughout the day, enjoy food trucks, raffles, and a silent auction. May the fores be with you. $150 per person; $400 for 4 players. 11am.
- ALDS Games 1 & 2: Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, October 11 & Thursday, October 13 – Facing the Mariners fresh off an exciting weekend Wild Card series, the Astros kick off a new playoff run, hosting the first two games of the ALDS in Downtown. Tickets are $35 and up, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times TBD.
- Trees For Houston’s Roots & Shoots Sporting Clays Classic at Greater Houston Sports Club | Friday, October 14 – Play hooky for a good cause as Trees For Houston invites you to grab a few friends and enjoy a lovely fall morning of clay shooting at the fourteenth annual Roots & Shoots Sporting Classic, with breakfast by Snooze A.M. Eatery and lunch by Ragin’ Cajun. Registration starts at $2,500 for a team of 4. 8am.
- ChildAdvocates Superhero Run at CityCentre | Saturday, October 15 – This annual run through CityCentre encourages participants to don their favorite superhero contest and set out on a 5K, all while fundraising for Child Advocates, an organization that helps provide support, medical and mental help to children in the foster system. Registration is $35 for the 5K; $20 for the Kids K. 8am to 10am.
- NWSL Playoffs: Houston Dash vs. Kansas City Current at PNC Stadium | Sunday, October 16 – Reppin’ H-Town for the first time in the playoffs, our mighty Dash are taking on the Kansas City Current with hopes of advancing to the next round. $7 and up. 4pm.
- USPA Centennial Cup at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, October 16 – Get ready for an afternoon of elite polo, live music, and more as Engel & Volkers Houston presents the USPA Centennial Cup at Houston Polo Club—and don’t forget to grab some champagne and stomp those divots at half-time. Individual tickets are $35; $15.50 for ages 12 and under. Boxes for 2 to 20 guests range from $89 to $895.